I recently had the honor of being featured on Diane Gibbs’ podcast, Design Recharge! We discussed how to keep your portfolio up-to-date and some general website tips, tricks, and best practices.
You can watch the video on Youtube (above), or listen to the audio on the podcast platform of your choice.
A few of the many questions we cover:
- Rachel, can you give everybody a little background about your start in design and what you focus on?
- You have recently gone out on your own and have seen a huge problem in the design community, can you tell us about it?
- Where did you start seeing this problem updating sites and creatives being able to keep their portfolio’s current?
- Did you see this working at your agency? What struggles do agencies and freelancers alike have when it comes to their portfolio?
- What kind of a strategy would you give someone who is working on their own and wants to have a site but doesn’t dedicate time to update their portfolio on a regular basis?
- Is the strategy different for an established solopreneur? Or an agency?
- Is using something like Behance or Dribbble ok for our portfolios?
- How do you find time to update your site? How often? Is there a strategy for that? Was it different when you were working for the past agency?
- How do you recharge? What inspires you?
- What is your greater purpose? How are you living that out today?
- What is next?